The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My First, My Last

This is my first and probably my last post in Singapore..... I'm off to Ho Chi Minh for a year to teach. No, I'm not going to teach in a village. I'm not that noble! And yes, there's internet connection. The country is backward but I suppose it's still suitable for living. The people there are still well and alive, aren't they? Many people have asked me why I chose to go to Vietnam? I try to explain that the conditions of living being not that bad, good exchange rates, good shopping, blah blah blah.... But to me, the answer is rather simple: "Why not?"

Still trying to figure out how to use blogspot, put up photos, etc.... Those who know me should understand how technologically unsavy and inept I am.... I have problems operating electronics from my digital camera, printer, laptop to my new toy, the Nintendo DS!!! Woohoo!!! Can't stop thinking of my beloved Nintendog, a golden retriever. My parents must think I'm mad shouting "Betsy, sit down!" in the middle of the night! Special thanks to all you guys out there who chipped in for this lovely farewell gift! I'm sure it will be the best companian during my lonely nights in Vietnam.

I must also thank Benjamin, Darren, Jeffrey and Calvin for going shopping for a digital camera with me. Thanks Jeffrey for getting the price $5 down! Hope you all were not too bored while waiting for indecisive me to finally settle on my camera. Here are the test shots from the cameras that we tried.....

So which camera do you think I got?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Disjecta said…

    Hello!

    Hope you're settling down fine! What's the weather like in Ho Chin Minh now?

    Aiyoh...why say last post in Singapore....you're not coming back?! ORrrhhhh! Now I know!

    Heehee

    Anyways...I'm actually on Livejournal... http://disjecta.livejournal.com

    and some photos of monday night here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/disjecta/sets/1210920/

    Dont forget to have lots of fun! If you are going to marry a Vietnamese, make sure you bring him back to Singapore for us to check first hor!

    Darren

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo!

    Yup, yup.. found your blog.. and as I expected.. in PINK! *tsk tsk*

    Blog often, so we'll know how you're getting on in HCMC ya?

    Be seeing you soon! (i hope...) ;D

    Muak!

    Linffy

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sandra,

    I will visit ur blog very often, must keep updating.....
    I will update my angels blog as well.....but very soon, i will not have news on jwss also.....

    I guess u have already reached Ho Chin Minh....

    Ur hp number still valid?

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo! It's me again... :D

    Check this link out.. http://media.putfile.com/survive-saigon-short-movie

    Is it how it is in HCMC? Seems like regulated chaos to me!!! I was like ..."WOW!" |O_O|

    Linffy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home