The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Second Chance

I gave Batam a second chance, not by choice of course. My school had a 2-day, 1-night Staff Conference there on 12 and 13 January. Everything was paid for and the only money I spent there was on a 1.2 kg kueh lapis cake for my mother. The conference itself was enlightening but at certain times of the day, it was no doubt a bit of a chore to stay awake. I bet I gained a few kilograms from just 2 days there. All we did there was eat and sit. Breakfast, conference, tea break, conference, lunch, conference, tea break, conference, dinner. I should be thankful that they didn't include supper after our dinner.

I brought my camera along but the only photos I took were this and another similar one. This is about half the people in my Mathematics department. Everyone looks happy and smiley.... probably because school has not started yet!

Yenny, Lay Pian, Chee Kin, Me, Gregory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home