The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Today Cafe... For Tomorrow...

I'm nicely settled into my room and lessons will start tomorrow. I work only in the evenings and I have the whole day free to do anything I want! But the other teachers have told me that they spend the time preparing for lessons! No!!! But I have looked around my area and there really isn't much to do around here.....

I can't being to tell you how happy I am that I've got internet in my room! Who cares that it's only 100 Mbps.... I don't know what's wrong, sometimes it's on and sometimes it's off.... So when it's off, Mr Son (pronounced as Sng!) will have to turn it on for me.... I'm going to find out for myself where that secret switch is!

I'm now a regular customer at the Today Cafe... It really says "Today Cafe, For Tomorrow"! (But on separate sign boards) Sounds like something out of The Sims. Most of the time, I'll have my lunch and dinner there.... The food there is not bad. Rather similar to Asian food. Sad to say, my only intake of vegatables here are fresh lettuce and tomatoes.... No such thing as stir fried vegetables here. And I bet I've eaten more 'cong' here than compared to my entire life in Singapore! Slowly getting use to the taste.... The food here is super duper oily! Towards the last part of my meal, I can always see my noodle or rice swimming in oil.... Ugh!!! Plus the food can get quite salty at times.... That coming from someone who loves salty food, you can imagine the taste for yourself.... Have yet to get my hands on traditional Vietnamese food.... But I'm going to have lunch everyday with one of the office staff here so hopefully, she will introduce me to yummy food and teach me Vietnamese!!!

The other place that I go to regularly is Maximark. It is a supermarket cum departmental store. That's where I got most of my stuff. It's supposed to be cheap and good compared to another supermarket (yet to find out the name!) down the street. But everytime after I've visited Maximark, I realised that my hands are very dusty.... So to be very sure, i wash whatever bowl, fork, spoon, fruits, etc that I get from there doubly well. It's fun shopping there as it's really huge!!! I had a hard time choosing my stuff cause they really have a large variety....

Pictures coming soon.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Lemming said…

    Great to hear from you so soon and that you're doing fine and exploring your surroundings!

    How's Betsy! =P

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Disjecta said…

    100Mbps?!!!!!!!!!! Are you sure?!!!

    That WAY FASTER than us over here!

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Errmmm.... yah, it says 100 Mbps when I check the properties of my connection.... But it's really slower than my dial-up back home....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home