The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, June 05, 2006

Mona.... Lisa

My favourite kid in the whole school has got to be Mona. She looks like a little boy with her short hair, but she's actually a very sweet little girl. She is such a cheerful girl that I feel happy just seeing her. She has the brightest smile I have ever come across! She is a Primary 1 student who speaks little english and I do not even teach her. How our paths crossed was because she takes the same school bus which drives all the teachers to and from work. Every morning, she would save a seat for me. After school, she would wait at the school entrance with a yellow flower for me. I pity the poor tree (see photo below) which is going botak from her plucking! We would then board the bus together and ride the journey home side by side, sometimes in silence, sometimes with a little English cum Myanmar lesson. I'm already starting to miss her company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home