The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Haiku

I love the
silence
that brief,
beautiful
silence
between
every kiss

I read this haiku first on Le Love. But it's from a Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson. Actually is the above really a haiku? I thought a haiku is something with 5, 7, 5 syllables in a total of 3 lines. But there does seem to be a kind of rhythm to this whole thing and it adds up to 17 syllables in total.

I'm not really into poems and haikus, but was just curious about this person and his writing. And haikus just bring back memories of secondary school literature class. The site is really a pleasant surprise. He has many more interesting haikus. Go read for yourself. Perhaps one more haiku from him to entice you a bit more.

Hold these hands and let
my shoulders dry every tear
you will ever cry


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home