The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Friday, January 26, 2007

U Wanton!

I had fried wanton hor fun for lunch today. As i picked up one wanton and started crunching on it, I thought of my days in SC. During recess, L and I would each know what we were supposed to do. I would get the fish cakes, nuggets, wantons, etc and she would go buy the drinks. I miss the fish cake from the auntie! We would alternate our 'duties' everyday. If we were sick of fish cake that day, then we would have hor fun. Hers with lots of green chilli and mine without. Those were the days when all we worried about was what to have for recess and whether we needed to have a re-听写 (for her! hehe...)
Wanton also reminded me of Shakespeare and our Literature lessons with a certain Mrs N.
- Oberon to Titania, in A Midsummer Night's Dream

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home