The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Gone With The Whisper

Never thought such a kind person exists in this world. Yesterday, the 服务员 (I call her 阿姨)came to tidy my room and I whispered hello to her. She was shocked that I could not speak and exclaimed "那么严重啊!" I could only smile back at her.
Later that evening at 6.30 pm, I received a telephone call from her. Wondering how I talked on the phone? Heh.... Again I could only whisper, but she understood me. Apparently, after work, she had gone home and brewed a whole flask of pear water for me and she is now back at the hotel! Other than the pear water, she gave me some dumplings which she had made herself! My dinner was settled then! Ah.... She's so nice! I suddenly remembered my chinese teacher, Omega, saying "雪中送炭"
Miraculously, after consuming the whole flask of pear water, my voice came back, but barely though. At least when my mom called me, I could speak and no longer need to whisper.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home