The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Toilet Woes

While the new office was getting done up, I reported for work in the old office. The location is rather weird for an office. It was within a senior high school. So every morning, I go to 'school' with the students. I hear the school bell go off at hourly intervals. I have lunch in their teachers' canteen. I use the common toilet. THE TOILET!!! Horrors of horrors!
First, no door. Each time I need to use the toilet, I have to time it to be during their class time so that no student would barge in and see me 'in action'. Second, it's the drain system where one can see other people's wastes float across in front of you (that is if many people use the toilet at the same time). Third, the smell. Even if I had my eyes closed, I could find the toilet!
I usually visit the toilet a few times a day, but ever since I started work in that school, I only go to the toilet once throughout the whole day. I even resorted to drinking less water so that I wouldn't have the urge. It's terrible! I feel that I would almost puke my guts out each time I go in. Or if I go before lunch, then I would lose my appetite. If I go after, then I would almost vomit whatever I had eaten. I wish they would do something about their level of hygiene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home