The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Yummy!

This is my all-time favourite food in Vietnam! Just looking at the picture makes me hungry! This dish is called Bun Cha and is actually from Hanoi. It consists of noodles (bun) and pieces of barbequed pork in fish sauce. I don't know what they use to marinate the pork but it's super delicious! The noodle is dry and clumps together on its own so I've first got to take some of it apart and put it into a separate bowl, then pour some fish sauce over it..... Miraculously, the noodles become all soft and appetizing the moment it meets the sauce! The fresh vegetables are then torn into small bite-sized pieces and thrown into the bowl. And you are ready to eat! This meal always comes with a bonus of freshly fried spring rolls! Yummy!

Back in Singapore, I usually eat chicken. But ever since I came over, I have not touched chicken.... except eggs! So my next choice of meat is pork. Have I ever mentioned before that the pork here is really good? It's like eating thick pieces of ba kwa!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Ivan said…

    FedEx 2 sets to Japan..Pretty please? =p~~~~~~

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Ivan said…

    FedEx 2 sets to Japan..Pretty please? =p~~~~~~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home