The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pagoda Hopping

There are countless pagodas in Mandalay..... I managed to go to all the famous ones in one morning...... Not bad huh? In fact, I think I've done almost all of the touristy things that one can do in Mandalay already! Oh wait.... I have not taken photos of the palace and moat yet! Some of these pagodas charge a ridiculously high entrance fee of USD10! My friend and I refused to enter those places because we find that it is totally unfair! If we can masquerade as a local, then we need not pay the entrance fee. So if the locals enter the pagodas to pray, they do not need to pay. But how can they assume that foreigners are not going to the pagodas to pray too?

These pictures are taken at Sandamani Paya…. It has the teachings of Buddha inscribed on 1774 marble slabs, erected in 1913. Best of all, it's free to enter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home