The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ahhh.... Tchoo!

My principal used to say that I am one of the most resilient teachers he ever had. In my 3 years of teaching in the school, I rarely took MC except for the time where I had to extract my wisdom tooth and completely lost my voice. My 4E2 would remember vividly that time when I couldn't speak and I still had my physics class on radiation. Some of them told me after I recovered that they remembered that lesson best and cited that as my best delivery as I was at my funniest with my awful drawings and dramatic hand actions!
In the short 3 months in Myanmar, I had fallen sick 3 times and I'm currently still nursing a flu and sore throat. I had a gastric attack shortly after arriving, then about 2 weeks before I was slated to come home, my brains were almost fried with a temperature of 38.3 degrees Celcius. I thought after recovering from the fever that my body would be kind of immune to sickness for a while, but no, I had a flu and sore throat almost immediatly after. Perhaps the thought of returning to Singapore at that time made me recover a little faster. But on the plane back home, the flu and sore throat came back and I'm now still nursing this persistent bug.
Perhaps he's right, Myanmar is not suitable for me. Stay in Singapore.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Lemming said…

    Oh no!!!
    So sorry to hear that you're sick, get well soon!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home