The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

People Everywhere

I'm sure everyone has seen pictures or news report of how crowded the chinese trains or buses or streets can get during their long holidays. It's true! I've seen and experienced it for myself! It's terrible! Everyone is travelling.... Everyone is rushing to go home.... Everyone is lugging huge bags... Everyone is pushing everyone else.... Everyone is cutting queue! There were a few times I wanted to holler at the people who had cut my queue! Argh! But I held my tongue as I was in a foreign land and most importantly, I know that I would be on the losing end if I were to argue with them in Mandarin.
So there.... I endured.... Good thing my student was with me when we were going to Wei Fang and he helped us buy tickets. Another good thing: my friend was there to pick me up from the bus station when we arrived! I almost could not find her among the sea of people.... One word to describe it all..... CHAOS!!!
The friend who picked me up is the girl who is grinning widely below. Her name is 田甜 (Tian Tian) and she is every bit as sweet as her name suggests. She brought me for steamboat and we wiped out 2 huge plates of beef, not to mention other stuff along with it! We were stuffed after that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home