The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Uncle Auntie


My student's parents brought me to this place (杨家埠) which has a long history of kite-making. Not only do they make kites here, they also do some form of traditional painting using wooden carved blocks.
The second place where they brought me to is where Journey to the West (西游记) was filmed. The scene where Piggy was stealing a bride was filmed here. Coincidentally, I was watching Journey to the West last night and caught that scene! Piggy was playing hide-and-seek with the common folks around the rock that auntie and I are posing with!
There are no photos of uncle because he wishes to remain illusive. He doesn't like being photographed but enjoys taking our photos! All the lovely souvenir you see on my blog are actually gifts from auntie and uncle! Feel so paiseh......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home