The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

House Not Home

Finally settled into my new house. But still feel that it's not good enough. Cleaning up my new house also reminded myself of what a clean freak I am. The house is ok, but not perfect. so many things can be better. What's wrong with my house? Plenty.
1. One of the lights in the living room is spoilt.
2. The lights are too dim in the toilets. Bought new fluorescent light bulbs but don't know why they still don't work.
3. The doors give off creaky sounds when opened. Some doors cannot close properly as well. Got to use all the strength I've got to shut it.
4. There is always this offensive smell in the living room. I've aired the whole house but it's still there.
5. Once in a while, the toilets will emit a smell that is even more offensive than smell #4. Can't do anything about it. I think it's the pipes.
6. The water heater is driving me nuts! The storage for hot water is so little that I cannot indulge in my 30 min bath anymore. In fact, I've got to split my bath into two short sections to solve the problem of hot water shortage. I bathe when I return home after work. Then in the morning, I have to wake up a little earlier to wash my hair and go to work.
7. Leaking pipes in the toilet.
8. Only cold water from the tap in the morning for me to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I say cold, it's COLD. Not the normal water we get when we turn on our taps at home.
9. Lousy sewage system that does not allow toilet paper to be thrown into the toilet bowl.
10. Musty curtains which I guess have not been washed for years.
11. Floor that is perpetually dirty no matter how much I clean it.
12. Cupboard door hinges which seem to be made from tofu.
13. No writing table. Got to use the computer in bed which can be quite uncomfortable after a while.
14. Only mirrors in the house are in the toilet, and yet the toilets are so dim. Have not seen myself in full view for a long time.
15. And last night, at 4 am, the pipe connecting the water heater burst and sprayed water everywhere! The sound of the water gushing out woke me up and I had to get out of my cosy bed to turn off the water mains.
16. My apartment is inside an estate that is so inconvenient. I used to walk to almost everywhere, but now, I have become localised and have taken to riding their public bus. No choice, I can't possibly ride the taxi all the time right? The stupid bus claims to be air-conditioned and costs me double the price of a normal bus, but yet it's so hot inside! Cheat my money!
I wish I was back in my hotel.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home