The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The End is Near

Finally going into the last few days of lessons in Harbin! So happy that classes are ending but so sad that I have to leave this place. I'll ask my boss to send me here more often in future! Shopping here is so much better than Jinan. Clothes are cheaper and have more variety. It's almost half the price compared to Jinan. I'ld love to come here in winter where I can see the ice sculpture!

The atmosphere and environment is quite different from Jinan too. If not for the Chinese signboards around, I would sometimes think I'm in another country! All thanks to their Russian neighbours up north!

Here I am at Guogeli Street. My colleague and I had too much time to spare while waiting for the underground mall to open. We amused ourselves (and probably other pedestrains) with some photo-taking while waiting.

Check out their churches. Sophia Church is kind of like the icon of Harbin. If you have not seen Sophia, you have not been to Harbin. I've actually seen it the last time I was here, but it was a different feeling seeing it at night.
This other church has no name. Above the main door, it just reads 'Catholic Church'. Duh! But it's nice enough for me to want to take a photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home