The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Binding

I'm currently doing very mechanical and brainless work. My teaching materials are ready for my next class, but they are not bound together yet. Lousy, ineffecient system here. We decided to use those kind of ring binders to secure the notes, but we have only one machine to punch holes and bind. So obviously only one person can do the job.

Yet, this idiot of a guy told me to manually insert the punched notes into the rings! Wah lau! How to insert?!?! You show me!!! Firstly, the notes are quite thick, so it is impossible to insert everything at one go. Secondly, the rings are difficult to pry open. Thirdly, there are about 20 such rings to go through. Those who have used the machine should know what I'm talking about. He's crazy, but I'm not! Even though he doesn't understand English, I loudly exclaimed "Ridiculous!" and "I'm not going to do it" and followed by "I REFUSE to do it!" Silently under my breath, I muttered "idiot".
What made me fume even more was when he commented about the way Singaporeans work. Yada yada..... At least we are efficient and work with our brains, and not brute force! YOU IDIOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home