The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Goodbye Jinan!

The symbolic sculpture of Jinan city at Quan Cheng Square.

Realised that I had been in Jinan for a long time but I've never really posted any photos from there. I suppose the main reason is that there isn't much to show. Jinan is pretty much a grey and dusty city. I now know the meaning of 'frog in well' after I visited bigger cities like Beijing and Shanghai. It was liberating seeing Starbucks, Mango, Zara, H & M, Uniqlo, Muji, etc after being stuck in Jinan all this time. To think that Jinan is the city of Shandong province. I guess Shandong is too ulu for Stabucks or any big brands to want to try to break into the market.

The main entrance of the training school that I was with.

Last photo shot with Gem and Marvin. Boohoo! I will miss them so much, and the delicious burgers they make for my breakfast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home