The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Karaoke Queen

Today is the Vietnamese Teachers' Day. To celebrate, my centre had a little concert cum party cum karaoke session. The concert was quite pathetic as only one student performed 2 songs... both of which I do not understand a single word. Then they had a word game where the students had to solve some English word puzzles. Some kind of celebration huh? Come to enjoy still must answer questions and work the brain. After that, we had a little tea party and a karaoke session.

The locals here really love to sing. And everyone of them are not shy about singing. So of course I was made to sing too.... (Sihui, if you are here, you would surely die cause you really can't escape.....) But their songs were all our parents' generation kind of song.... Like Beatles, Bee Gees, Lionel Richie, Richard Marx..... Even the Chinese songs were Feng Fei Fei, Wen Zhang, Zhou Xuan, The Grasshoppers..... I felt like I was stuck in some time capsule....

Their karaoke is the kind where you finish singing and your score would be shown. And guess what? After I finished my rendition of Yesterday, I was given a perfect score of 100!!! Bwahahahahaha!!! I think the machine must be something wrong! So I am now unofficially the Karaoke Queen of RV Nam Viet. That is one achievement I can add to my CV......

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger This is Ed said…

    Alamak, more positivity, sista!

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Disjecta said…

    hahaha

    I remember those! The score is actually based on how LOUD you sing into the mic...or how much it picks up;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home