The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, November 14, 2005

Motorcycle Love (Part II)

It's ironic that my Vietnamese student should comment that it's so much more romantic to fall in love in Singapore.... They get to hold hands all the time...... He says that the couples here rarely hold hands on the streets...... How true! I've never really come to see them hand-in-hand.... He says that the locals only express their love through the motorcycle..... Boy goes to girl's house to fetch her. Or girl clinging on to boy on the motorcycle. Or boy and girl going to the park together on his motorcycle....

Wasn't it just a few days ago that I was lamenting about love on a motorcycle?! And now he tells me this! Such a classic case of 'the grass is greener on the other side'!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger strawbanana said…

    Hi sandra,

    Just learnt that you are in saigon...hope everything is well and you are having fun there!

    Cheers,
    Liza

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Disjecta said…

    well...In singapore...I guess straight couples have it easy. No?

    My boy and I...its just so hard even if you are comfortable with it, there's always this nagging thought that somebody is overlooking your shoulder and always judging you..

    welcome to my life ;)

    but we get by lah

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Zann said…

    Having been on the motorcycle myself, I can safely say it is NOT romantic -- helmet hair is so unattractive and hiding under an overhead bridge to wait out a downpour is pathetic.

    It is, however, exhilirating to fly down the ECP at 130kmh at 3am clinging onto the back of a boy.

    Vrrrroom!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    When it rains, they continue to ride the motorcycle. They use raincoats here.... So they actually look like big bird riding the bike!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home