The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Friday, November 18, 2005

Reunification Palace

Did some tourist-sy thing myself last Sunday while my parents were baking away under the sun at the Mekong Delta.
The reunification palace.... doesn't look really spectacular..... Maybe because it has been rebuilt way too many times. It was a French colonial building in the 1800s but was destroyed by the war. It's hard to imagine that the recent war was just in the 1970s..... The surroundings is nice though with many trees and shady areas.

If I were the president, I would be waving to my fellow countrymen from this balcony.....

The highly revered and respected President Ho Chi Minh. I was quite amazed to see his photograph and portrait (instead of the current president) put up in many schools, hospitals, shops and public areas. Perhaps it is due to the fact that he was the one who reunified North and South Vietnam into what it is today. It's just like how we have the President and First Lady's photographs in Singapore. I have to admit I am clueless as to who the current president is. *blush*

My friend Leonora and I.... We were just testing to see if we could take a self-portrait.... At least we look happy despite the hours of walking we had done earlier......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home