The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Motorcycle Love

I never thought I would say this, but riding pillion on the motorbike can be pretty romantic. Everytime I ride the motorcycle, I can't help but think of the scene from "Comrades, Almost A Love Story", starring Leon Lai and Maggie Cheung. They are riding on a bicycle though. Despite the fact that I have never seen the movie, this image keeps appearing in my mind. Perhaps it's the feeling of security I get when I cling on to the person in front. I suppose it doesn't hurt if I can get a cute driver! But no such luck yet....

The drivers here do not wear a helmet when they ride as it is not a requirement. Only when they get on the freeway do they need to have one. Anyway, they ride rather slowly here so it's not that dangerous. I can still talk to my friend while he or she is driving! And when I wear a skirt, I can still ride the bike cause I'm allowed to sit sideways ala Maggie Cheung in the picture! But one look at me on the motorcycle and the locals can tell that I'm not from around here. The pillions here are all very 'steady'. It's not the case for me..... I always cling onto my friend for dear life. Even if the people here do cling onto their drivers, they never hold onto the shoulders like I do. I do not cling onto my friend's waist as (1) he is a guy or (2) if she is a girl, I wouldn't want to cause her any discomfort or itch. I just think that it would be terribly ticklish if someone were to hold me at the waist! The waist is a no-go area for me....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Disjecta said…

    mmm....to be in love...

    mmmmmmmmmmmmm

    quick go find a cute guy with a scooter!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    as the chinese saying goes, I think love is 'ke(3) yu(4) bu(4) ke(3) qiu(2)'... hehe...

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Zann said…

    Remember what the fortune teller told you! No Vietnamese man for you, because the one you will meet got flowers coming out of his mouth! Or in other words, kou(3) hua(1) hua(1)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home