The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Park Action (Part I)

I believe the national sport of Vietnam is badminton. Every morning at 5.30 am, the park opposite my school will be packed with people of all ages playing. I have even come to see people wearing slippers and sandals playing badminton in the morning! They bring their own nets and take the poles out from under the drain and set up their playing court. Amazing!

href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4028/1761/1600/IMGP0123.0.jpg">The government must be quite supportive too as they bothered to paint the badminton court lines on the ground of the park. Every inch of the park is fully utilised! I did not think that the park was a suitable place for badminton, but it's very cooling and shady, with very little wind. You can get fresh air and at the same time still engage in badminton! There are also tennis courts in the park and they are occupied most of the time. Even at night! I didn't realise that the Vietnamese are so health conscious and such sports enthusias! Come to think of it, I hardly see any plumbish people around here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home