The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Name Game

The Vietnamese are not too original when it comes to naming their babies.... So far, in about the 20 - 30 people I've met, including students and staff, I've got many with the same name. I've got 2 Thaos, 2 Chans, 2 Sngs, 2 Chums, 2 Yuums..... I wonder if their names can get any more original than that..... I'm not complaining about it though, cause it's so hard to pronounce their names! Learning how to do it once is enough!

Over here, I'm known as Ms Sandra. Actually I think they would find it easier to address me as Ms Sng since their 'Son' sounds similar to my 'Sng'. But there's this whiteboard where they introduced me to the whole school and they used Ms Sandra. So I guess I'm stuck with this. Attached is a photograph of the whiteboard that they use to introduce me to the school. If you look closely enough on the right, you will see my NUS and NIE certificates pasted proudly there. Don't worry, they are just duplicates. I constantly have to find ways to amuse myself, and this is one of them! Hello, it's like almost every other Singaporean has a degree! There's surely no need to show off like that!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger This is Ed said…

    Is there another board tt lists ur vital stats & ur single status?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home