The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Many Firsts

I was happily sitting at my table this afternoon working on my laptop (yes! vee ruut is dead!) when I thought my chair was shaking...... For a moment, I thought my chair was possessed! But not possible..... The next thought was that my chair was going to give way! Was I getting too fat and heavy for the chair?! (Hmm.... seems like lately I have been many subtle thoughts about my weight!) Later in the day when I was having a class, my student asked if I had felt the earthquake. So that is how an earthquake feels like! Apparently there was another earthquake last night, but I suppose I slept like a log to have felt it.... Perhaps I was even enjoying the slight swaying motion of the quake in my sleep!

Just a moment ago, I was getting ready to wash my face and go to sleep. When I turned on the tap, nothing came out!!! OMG! I have never experienced a water shortage before! How was I going to wash my face! I remember one of the teachers here telling me that there's a switch somewhere in the building where I could turn the water back on, but no way was I going to grope around in the dark for the switch! Finally, I resorted to using my drinking water for washing up..... It's a waste of water but I had no choice at that point of time. I'm beginning to think of other worse case scenarios that may happen while I'm staying here...... A fire? There's no emergency exit in my building! Well, come to think of it, I have been locked out of the building once. I have been locked in the building before too. The security uncle was not doing his job! My only worry now is that I would lock myself out of my room......

2 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger This is Ed said…

    Gee, while most ppl in such a situation worry for their lives, you worry about your weight??

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    well, i didn't think that i was experiencing an earthquake... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home