The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Science Experiment

Can anyone tell me how I can keep my bread from getting mouldy so quickly? Everytime I buy a loaf of bread, it will turn mouldy before I can finish eating it. It feels so wasted to throw the remaining bread away..... I have to really check my bread thoroughly before I start eating every morning.... You never know where the tiny grey dots may start appearing..... I feel as if I'm conducting some kind of science experiment.....

Aim
: To investigate the time taken for a loaf of bread to turn mouldy.
Procedure:
1) Buy a loaf of bread.
2) Leave the bread on the table.
3) Record observations at 6.30 am in the morning.
4) Tabulate results in the form of a table.
5) Repeat steps 3) - 4) until satisfied or until grossed out by mould.
Results:
From my experiment, I can conclude that it takes about 4 - 6 days before the bread starts to turn mouldy.
Precaution:
I have to prevent parallax error by placing my eye vertically above each inch of bread when checking for mould.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Disjecta said…

    It probably due to the weather...

    what I usually do is to put the bread in the freezer (of course slice first)

    then reheat as when when (and how much) you need

    =)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Zann said…

    Whole grain bread which has been frozen tastes especially good when you toast it.

    And I keep mine for weeks in the freezer.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I do not have a toaster here... or an oven... If I keep the bread in the fridge, and leave it outside for a few minutes to warm up, will I get a stomache from eating it?

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Zann said…

    I can bring you a toaster when I visit! That will be my gift to you! But till then, I think you have to continue your science experiment, especially the parallax error part.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Lemming said…

    It happens to me in Sydney too actually, but I've heard putting it in a cool dry place aka away from the sun helps?

    And my dad has this theory that the end pieces of the loaf should not be removed, coz it helps to keep the bread moist... *shrugs shoulders*

    I literally laughed out loud after reading this one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home