The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Open Coffeeshop

Today is the opening of my brother's coffeeshop.... So how can the sister not go and support? The concept and decoration of this new coffeeshop is the same as the first one..... It's so that the customers will get the same feeling when they enter. The name of this family-run chain of coffeeshops when translated is Relaxing Tea Shop. So now they have Relaxing Tea Shop 1 and 2. It's ironic how the name of the shop has the word tea in it, but they call it a coffeeshop..... Just in case you are wondering, they serve coffee too!

One thing that I've come to notice about the coffeeshops here is that they are always dimly lit...... The only source of light would be from the candle on the table..... It's so dark that one can hardly see the menu, let alone the other person at the other end of table! I cannot stand the darkness, but Tuan Anh says it allows people to shed all inhibitions and chat freely when they are here..... Ok..... Think I'll eat more carrots so that I can see better next time I go to the coffeeshop at night......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home