The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Brothers and Sisters

I'm beginning to amass a little family over here with many brothers and sisters.... Among my brothers are Tuan Anh, Son, Dung and An. Tuan Anh is so polite that he has never called me by my name before. He says that it is disrespectful to call his sister by name. He calls me sister or teacher or Sandra sister or teacher sister or miss, but never my name. It just struck me that I have never called my own sister by name before too....

If you are an ardent supporter of my blog, you would have realised that I mention Son very frequently too. The reason is very simple..... He's the only decent form of human interaction that I have over here at the centre..... I usually only say 'Good Morning' or 'Hello' to the other staff and we all get on with our work. But with Son, I have more time to talk to him when he sends me to school. We basically talk about anything under the sun..... I think if not for the fact that we talk along the way to school, I wouldn't be talking much to anyone at all! But very soon, I will not be going to the primary school anymore.... So that means no more talking..... He cheers me up when I'm feeling down and he practically helps me out with anything and everything!

My sisters are Hanh and Chan. Hanh is a sweet and pretty girl who is a friend of Dung. We like talking about girly stuff like shopping and jewellery. The fish she's holding belongs to Dung or rather, it will soon belong to Dung's nephew. The little blue pig in my hands was a gift from them from the UFO catcher in the arcade!

Chan is my student and she has stopped coming for lessons because she is in Singapore now for the entrance examinations to Singapore Polytechnic. She says that I am just like her sister and she has started calling me ji. On the last day of class with her, she came up to me and asked, "Sister, can I hug you?" Awww...... She sometimes brings me food so that I can eat after classes when it's too late to go out for dinner.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home