The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Quiet Kitty

Received many lovely Christmas presents from my friends by post! They were meant for christmas but they ended up as new year gifts instead.... So much for efficiency! One of the gifts I received was a Hello Kitty keychain from Hello Kitty Land itself! So cute!
Was having a conversation with Son last time about Hello Kitty and he gave me his account of why Hello Kitty has no mouth. Hello Kitty used to have a mouth and she was a talkative young girl. That was until her grandmother died. She was so upset that she never spoke again after that..... Hmm..... I told him that his story was not possible as Hello Kitty's grandmother is still well and alive! I told him my version: Kitty's non-mouth creates a tabula rosa that one could project onto whatever one is feeling. If you feel happy, you would see a smile on Kitty's face. If you feel sad, then you would imagine a frown. My fondness for this feline creature has lead to one of my students calling me Miss Kitty.... Sylvia, are you reading this? Unfortunately, there are very few kitties around here in Vietnam..... Maybe it's because Hello Kitty is too fat for the tight-fitting ao dai.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home