The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year Lunch

I had a beef hot pot for lunch today with Tuan Anh's family to celebrate the new year. It was super yummy! I wished I could try the soup in the hot pot too, but their practice is only to cook the beef in it, not to drink the soup. I'm sure it would be extremely tasty!!!
Since his mum is so nice to always invite me for meals, I gave her a bottle of axe oil! Haha.... My mummy gave me a whole stash of it when she visited me, and it's now coming in handy! They call it yau as well, just like how it sounds in cantonese. In fact, many Vietnamese words are derived from cantonese.

Tuan Anh has a dog..... It's a chihuahua right? It's name is Fox.... It's chained near the front door as it will chew everything in sight if they let it out.... Poor thing..... But at least it got to eat the yummy stuff that we had for lunch too!

When I was about to get on the motorcycle to go home, I could not help but notice that the Vietnam flag was flying from all houses. Apparently, each house MUST fly the flag on new year's day if not the leader of their district would knock on their door and question them! Gosh....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger This is Ed said…

    Ooh, more prospecting! You must be in hot demand eh?

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Lemming said…

    LOL! Isn't it the other way! She's looking for vietnamese brides for Jeff!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home