The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mummy Mum Mom

A few nights ago, I asked my mom to pass some things over to a colleague who would be coming to China. Don't know why but I was craving for kaya. My family seldom eat kaya when in Singapore, so I don't know why I suddenly long for it. Now that I think about it, I have not had kaya for a long time!

I told my mom "Can you buy a jar of kaya and pass to me friend?" As if she could read my mind (or stomach), she exclaimed "I just bought one today! I'll pack it for you." She then asked if I wanted this elusive, almost vanishing snack called Sha Qi Ma, (I think only my sister knows what I'm talking about here) that could only be bought in Chinatown. And she had just gone there today! Yes yes yes!!! For all I know, my mom could be a worm in my tummy and her shopping timing for kaya and Sha Qi Ma couldn't have been any better!

My colleague arrived in Jinan today and passed me my stuff. "What a big packet!" I thought to myself. Inside, I found more of my favourite food: Hello Panda biscuits and Pocky sticks! Mummy is best! *Muak muak muak*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home