The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The 2 Friendly Tour Guides

Thanks to Son (in horizontal stripes) and his friend, Nam (in vertical stripes), I was able to venture out at night and meet Desmond. I do not usually go out at night to the city centre, or as they call it here, District 1. District 1 is their equivalent of our Orchard Road. Here, you can see many tourists walking around and squinting in the sun, which is not a common sight in my area, District 10. It take only about half an hour for me to get to District 1 by bus so I think it is fairly convenient and extremely cheap! Only 20 cents!

Good thing they offered to be my tour guide as I would never have been able to find Desmond's hotel on my own. Even they themselves had to ask the taxi drivers for the way! But I think they were quite bored shopping with Desmond and gang..... But I suppose boys will be boys..... Even I the shopping queen felt a little bored at times.... But remember, I'm here to work, not to be a tourist! I have to control..... I can't shop like I used to.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home