The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Me In My Ao Dai

I have finally tailored an ao dai (read: ao yai)..... The national dress of Vietnam is really beautiful and graceful.... I really feel like a lady when I wear it. I have to walk carefully and have small movements because I'm afraid I might trip and fall! That wouldn't be very graceful, would it? Climbing the stairs is no longer the same.... And so are sitting, walking and riding the motorcycle in an ao dai! The dress really accentuates one's figure.... and flaws! Think I'll go on a diet before I next decide to wear it! It's not that expensive to have one made.... Cost me less than S$30! But Vi says the tailor that I went to overcharged me....

After Leonora and I collected our ao dai, Madam Huong made us wear it down to the office and parade around.... So embarrassing! Tuan Anh saw these photos and said that I look like I'm 18 again! I think that's a compliment right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home