The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Not So Lonely Afterall

I have just received two invites for Christmas..... One from Miss Chan, the staff who can speak Mandarin. I call her Yu Zhen.... By the way, she has left the job for greener pastures. She has invited me to have coffee in District 1 on Christmas eve and to walk around and have a look at what the locals do on this day..... The other invitation I got is from the friend who brought me to watch the soccer game. His name is Hoang. He is not my student at the centre but I got to know him during the Teacher's Day celebration here. He wants to bring me to see 'snow' at one of the parks in District 1.
Now I do not know who to go with..... Maybe I'll ask Yu Zhen to come along then we can all go drink coffee after that.... But I think the three of us would have problems communicating. Yu Zhen does not understand English, Hoang does not understand Mandarin and I do not understand Vietnamese! Gosh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home