The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Now You See It, Now You Don't

One night after my class, I returned to my room only to discover that one of Leonora's fishes was missing! Only the two big, dark blue fishes were in the bowl! The tiny orange fish was gone! I desperately embarked on a 'Finding Nemo' mission. I had washed the fish bowl earlier this afternoon but I remembered vividly that I had scooped all three fishes back into the container. Could it have jumped out of the bowl while I was walking back to my room? I went back to the toilet and even retraced my steps to see if the carcass of the fish was lying anywhere..... No, don't have! Next, I thought "Could it have jumped out in my room?" So I searched every inch of my room and even under my bed! But still don't have!!! Where did it go??? I went to bed that night feeling utterly distressed.... For all I know, I could be sleeping with a dead fish.....

The next morning, when I woke up, I looked at the fish bowl.... Voila! Nemo was miraculously back in the bowl! My theory is that one of the big, blue fish swallowed it and later spat it out while I was sleeping.... But then again, I do not know if Nemo could fit into the other fish's mouth..... I still have no idea what happened..... But whatever it is, I'm so glad that all three fishes are safe!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home