The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bizarre Night

My classes usually end around 8.30 pm every night and I do not go out for dinner anymore as it's too late and too dark to be walking around alone. But last Thursday was a full moon night and Ty Na and Dung invited me to the pagoda. The pagoda is the equivalent of our temple, but they do not use the word 'temple' here at all. And when they say pagoda, it's really a pagoda! I almost died climbing to the highest level.... Must be all the fatty meat I'm eating here....

Anyway, after my class on Thurday, I went downstairs to wait for Ty Na and Dung to pick me up. But when I went downstairs, the security guard of my office shoved me a note and 20,000 VND. He doesn't speak a word of English and I cannot understand Vietnamese. So I have no idea why he was giving me money and what the note was about.....

I was trying to figure out the note and who the person was.... Who was it who wanted the security to buy dinner for me? But the security obviously did not follow the orders of that person and passed me the money instead. (I later realised that it was Madam Huong who passed me the note) I was confused enough then, but the security continued by giving me the second note below. And he kept saying "Son, Son, Son...."

Oh gosh! Who was coming to the centre to ride me out for dinner? Son?? What's this? Why is everyone suddenly wanting to buy or bring me out for dinner? As much as I would have liked to wait for Son to come pick me up, I could not because my students were bringing me out to the pagoda! So bizarre right? I still have not figured out why Madam Huong and Son both wanted to bring me out for dinner that night.... By the way, I have returned the 20,000 VND to Madam Huong.....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger This is Ed said…

    Maybe Mdm Huong wants you to marry her son! :P

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Haha! That's a good one! But too bad her son is too young and is now in Singapore studying!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home