The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, December 19, 2005

Banh Trang

I think my blog will very soon turn into a food blog because of the different kinds of food that I am introducing..... I finally had a taste of the rice paper roll (Banh Trang) one Sunday when Son brought me to eat this 'strange' food. Actually I don't know why he calls it strange.... I thought it looked quite normal and it's just like our popiah..... The meal consists of rice paper (duh!), loads of fresh vegetables, pickled carrot and radish, rice noodle, steamed pork (very fatty!) and fish sauce. I think the steps to eating this is quite idiot-proof, so no need for me to give any explanation.

It still never ceases to amaze me how much fatty meat the Vietnamese eats! And yet they are so thin! During the meal, I picked out all the fats and Son looks at me in equal amazement! Haha.... Anyway, he gets to eat double the portion of fatty meat when he dines with me, so isn't it better??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home