The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone out there! So how did you celebrate Christmas? My christmas turned out to be totally different from what I had planned. I didn't meet Hoang or Yu Zhen. It was pouring last night so I decided to stay in at the centre. It's really not very fun to ride a motorcycle in the rain wearing the raincoat or ao me (me = rain, ao = clothes, remember the national costume, ao dai?). Not to mention how dangerous it can be!

I was chatting on msn with my sissy at around 9 pm when my 'brother' called. He wanted to know what I was doing and said that business at the coffee shop was slow as it had just stopped raining and everyone had hit the streets. He said he would come now to the centre to pick me up as he does not want me to be alone in the centre on christmas eve. Besides, I ought to have a look at how the locals celebrate christmas. Great! Except that I had just removed my makeup and had to get dressed all over again. You all should know how looking mei mei when I go out is important to me! But what the heck for tonight! Anyway it's too dark too see anything clearly!

So off we went at around 10 pm to District 1. He brought me to his coffee shop first to have a drink. It's good to have a brother who owns a coffee shop, as he would always order a nice drink for me for free! Haha! Not that it's very expensive actually.... One drink only costs about S$1.50. At around midnight, we closed shop and took a walk down to Notre Dame Cathedral where all the action was.

It was such a misty night that my photos didn't turn out very well.... But the cathedral looked like a castle shrouded in mystery huh? Looks much better than the photo I had in an earlier posting.

It was the wisest decision ever made to walk and not to ride the motorcycle. The traffic was horrible..... I'm sure if a Singaporean was stuck in this kind of traffic, he would be cursing and swearing.... But the locals seemed to be enjoying themselves!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger melvin said…

    it looks so much nicer than any cathedral in singapore. maybe it's the lights' effect?
    haha. merry christmas.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Lemming said…

    The cathedral looks really nice, traffic (both human and vehicular) was bad as usual....
    *curses

     

Post a Comment

<< Home