The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Santa Is In Town!

Ms Celsa and I went to District 1 this afternoon for lunch as we wanted to give ourselves a treat. It was also one of the last few times where we could lunch together before she heads back to the Philippines. We had a Vietnamese buffet at a hotel and it was just delicious! I don't think I had eaten this much ever since I came over.... And all for the price of US$4.50!!! So cheap!!! Where can you ever find hotel food at this price?!? I'm sure I'll be going back there again very soon!

While we were walking along District 1, we chanced across a shopping centre with some Christmas decorations. Unlike in Singapore, it's really rare for the malls here to have huge x'mas displays. What do you expect from a place that does not have a public holiday for Christmas!!! Bleahhh!!! Anyway, while Ms Celsa and I were posing for a picture with Santa, we could not help but notice that Santa is very slim (just like the typical Vietnamese!) and he bears an uncanny resemblance to Uncle Ho!!! We don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you know how Uncle Ho looked like, you would know what I mean! So that's their version of Santa Claus....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home