The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, December 05, 2005

Vietnam vs Thailand

When was the last time I watched a football match? Hmm.... I think it was more than one and a half years ago..... Back then, I would watch some of Arsenal's matches because (1) I like Thierry Henry, (2) I like Fredrik Ljungberg and his pink hair (3) I like looking at Kanu's intricately braided hair and (4) it was my way of saying I love you to him. I always had to struggle to keep myself awake when we watched the game though..... :)
Yesterday, I had an invitation to watch the Sea Games soccer finals of Vietnam vs Thailand. I was so afraid that I would be bored to tears, but it turned out to be an experience of a lifetime! The Vietnamese are soccer fanatics! The roads were crowded with motorcycles and people were carrying the Vietnamese flag. But I was suprised that not many people were wearing the colour red. I initially thought that they would all be in red to support their team and so I bought myself a red top with the yellow star.... I wonder when I'll ever wear it again....
We watched the game in an basketball stadium with huge screens. It was so crowded that I was really worried and scared that I would lose sight of my friend and get lost. During the game, they kept chanting 'Vietnam Vo Dich', which means 'Vietnam Champions'. But sadly, the game ended with a 3 - 0 score. The Thais really did play better last night.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home