The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, January 09, 2006

Fish In Heaven

This post looks suspiciously like an earlier posting that I had. But if you look closely at this photograph and compare it with the previous one, you would know why this is different. I came back one day after lunch and looked at the fish bowl..... To my horror, the orange fish had its belly facing me! I do not mind rearing fishes or washing the fish bowl, but to pick up a dead fish? No way!!! It sounds really silly and perhaps it's just a mental block, but I do not dare to put my hand in to scoop the fish up. In the end, it was my student, Vu, to the rescue!

Vu, come come....
Vu struts obediently towards me.
Are you afraid of dead fish?
Vu gives me a blur look. (Their listening skills are not too good.....)
You know fish? Ca? (in Vietnamese)
Vu nods his head.
My fish is dead.... Die, you know?
Vu nods again.
Help me!
I pointed frantically at my fish bowl. He peered in and looked back at me. I think he was trying very hard to suppress a laughter then. So off we went to the toilet with the fish bowl and he picked up the orange fish and flushed it down the toilet bowl..... Throughout this whole episode, I don't think Vu said a single word!

Byebye fish......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home