The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Friday, December 16, 2005

Mini Bread

A big thank you to those of you who left comments and gave me suggestions on how to prolong the lifespan of my bread. I've finally managed to finish a loaf of bread without it turning all grey! And yes, funny as it sounds but I believe that keeping the ends of the bread would put off the moulding process. I must say thank you to Ben's father!

So how did I actually finish the whole loaf of bread? Heh..... I discovered that the bakery makes bread in smaller loaves. It costs less too! Four pieces of the small bread would be the equivalent of one normal piece of bread.... It's only about the size of my palm! So I'm like eating small sandwiches every morning!

Also, since I started teaching every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at the primary school, Son has been coming to pick me up at 7 am on these mornings. The first time I went to the school, I rode the motorcycle taxi and had a bad experience. So that's why Son is the one sending me to school now. I'm not sure if he's paid extra for this job, but since he's waking up early to send me to school, I prepare breakfast for him as well. So now that there are two people eating the bread, the whole loaf gets finished faster! Guess what? He has never eaten peanut butter before! He says that my breakfirst is great! And that everyday, there are many different kinds of butter that I put inside! It's such a nice feeling to see someone enjoy my breakfirst!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    A motorcycle taxi is just a normal motorcycle but driven by a Vietnamese uncle... It works just like a taxi in Singapore except this can only take one passenger...

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger This is Ed said…

    Keeping bread in the fridge & then toasting it when eating helps.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I do not have a toaster! Or any other cooking appliances!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home