The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Good Student

This gentle-looking girl is Thao. She is my student and a good friend of Chan, one of my sisters. She is such a good girl that I would say she is a model student. She always does her assignments and always comes to class prepared with questions. The study materials that I give her will always be highlighted and has her own notes and Vietnamese translations by the side.

While Chan was away in Singapore taking the entrance exams to the polys, Thao was entrusted the task of 'looking after' me! Thao said that I look thinner than when I first came to Vietnam (which I think is good!), and so she has been feeding me all kinds of Vietnamese food everytime she comes to class. She brings all kinds of banhs (rice cakes), buns (rice noodles) and ches (sweet soups) for me.... Her mother even prepares herbal cum fruit drink for me! (It's like those kind of 'liang teh' sold in the chinese medicinal shops.) The latest thing she gave me was a packet of Kopiko sweets. She says this sweet helps her to stay awake when she is studying and thought that perhaps I need it too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home