The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Unforgetable

For the past 3 years, only one thing was on my mind at the beginning of the year: Footdrill Competition. I'm sure my cadets are now training very hard for this year's competition. To all Red Cross Youth cadets, winning the footdrill competition is the most prestigious thing that could ever happen. Of course I wanted that for my unit. It would be the best thing I could do for my cadets and the school. After two previous futile attempts, we finally did it last year!

The events of the footdrill competition on 26 February 2005 are still vivid in my mind..... It was one of my best days in JWSS! My girls were the 1st runners-up for the West District Competition and emerged as the 2nd runners-up in the National Competition! Imagine we were placed behind schools such as RGS and CHIJ.... Woohoo! Look at the two trophies held by Fatimah (commander of the squad) and Sylvia (chairperson)! And look at all the happy smiles on the faces of the cadets..... Each of them deserved the award! My only regret is that Fatimah did not get the 'Best Commander' award. Nonetheless, she is the best commander ever in my heart. I could still remember the cadets and I crying and hugging together after the presentation of the award..... It was such an emotional and momentous day! I would liken that day to 14 July 1997 (My gawd! Has it really been that long?!) when ACJC was the Best Band of the Year!

If my cadets are reading this, I hope that those of you involved in this year's footdrill competition would work hard and maintain the standard and results that the seniors had tried so hard to achieve. Of course the going would not be easy. In fact, it would be tough and full of ups and downs. But that makes winning even sweeter at the end of the day! Good luck to JWSS RCY!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger maRybek said…

    miss sng we got a blog 4 FDC'06 u can go hab a look

    http://fdc2006.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home