The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, June 26, 2006

Argh!

I've never had much luck with things related to the computer...... This time in China is not an exception...... I thought I should have no problems going online with my laptop since everything was smooth sailing the last time I was here. Plus I was greeted with a desktop when I entered my hotel room! Great, i thought to myself, this room is hooked up already! But no no, when I plugged the cable into my laptop, it didn't work. I called up housekeeping, but the ladies there were worse than me! They knew nuts about computer! They tried calling some IT helpdesk, but the person is on leave! And they do not know when he will be back at work! You mean to say that this hotel is so big, but only ONE person knows how to fix the computer???

Ok, never mind, I turned on the desktop but everything was in Chinese!!! Alamak! Can you imagine how difficult it is to navigate with a chinese interface? ? No doubt I can read the chinese characters, but they are all computer jargons, which make it almost impossible to understand! Then when I tried to plug the cable, speakers and my thumb drive into the back of the CPU, I realise it didn't bug an inch! I had to squeeze my arms to the back and use a mirror and look at the reflection to plug all those things in! Sounds silly but I had no choice! Desperation is the word here......

Enough complaining...... Chinese computer is better than no computer.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home