The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

End of Competition.... Finally....

I like this picture.... Not so much because of how I look in it but because of how my state of mind then was different from what was captured! This photo was taken at 6.30 am in the morning!!! Amazingly, I managed to smile for the camera!!! Here I am sitting in the teacher's room of Luong The Vinh High School on a Monday morning, waiting for the prize giving ceremony of the competition that ended last Saturday. The ceremony was just a 5-minute slot held during their morning assembly but I had to wake up super early to get there punctually..... Of course, I always trust that Son will get me anywhere on time and safely....
Luong The Vinh is a new school so it has only classes for Grade 6, 7, 10 and 11. The students on the left are the younger ones while those in the blue PE t-shirt are the seniors. The girls go to school in the ao dai (Vietnamese costume), which I think is so inconvenient! But lucky for them, they have stools to sit on. There don't seem to be strict school rules here as the students can come in all kinds of footwear and their hairstyles don't really matter. Then as they were leaving the parade square, they were all talking and that seemed to be the norm! Imagine if they were at JWSS, they would long have been made to run round the parade square or stay back for detention!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home