The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Almost Famous

Amongst the many things that I have to do here, one of them is to be a journalist. I was asked by Madam Huong when I first came to do an article about the different courses available in my centre and in Singapore. Well, no problem with that..... Until the article came out in the newspaper and I realised that my article had been translated to Vietnamese! I mean, if they were going to translate the article, then why bother asking me to do it in English in the first place?!?! That's not the end.... The photograph that they chose was of a polytechnic in Singapore but the caption read NUS! It's such a big booboo!!! The ultimate was this: My name became SANDRA SGN! Yes, I know I'm from Singapore, but that's not the way my last name is spelt! What a total screw-up! I shall not bother to blow up the article cause you wouldn't be able to understand it anyway....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home