The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Little Korea

Other than getting to know more Vietnamese friends, I have just gotten to know a Korean couple. The area that I'm living in has many Korean restaurants and grocery shops and is known as a Korean town. I actually got to know Ivy and her husband, Clan, about one month ago when I went to their salon for a haircut. Ivy speaks good english as she had lived in the Philippines for 15 years. I had a good chat with her that time and she invited me to return to her salon anytime to just chat with her. Which was what I did last night.......

The couple invited me for dinner and they introduced me to bibimbap. It's a korean dish of mixed vegetables, egg and meat over rice with spicy sauce. While eating and chatting, I realised why they were so nice to me (other then them being friendly folks)! On that fateful day last month when I stepped into their salon, they had just taken over the business and it was their opening day. And I was their very first customer! What luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home