The Sands of Time Wait for No Man

Monday, January 16, 2006

No More Brother

Even though Dung is now studying in Hawaii, we still often chat on YM. He's the skinny boy in the centre of the photograph, which was taken on his first day there. Dung says he doesn't want me to be his sister because he already has an older sister. He doesn't want to be taken care of by others. Although I only taught him for a short time of about 2 months, he says he still considers me to be his teacher. He quoted a Vietnamese saying that goes something like this: If a person taught you one word, he is your teacher. Even if the person only taught you half a word, he is still your teacher.

On Saturday night, he gave me a surprise telephone call! At 12 midnight! (That is about 7 am in Hawaii) He said he waited on purpose to call that time just so that he could wake me up! What a naughty boy! Teacher me should have given him a good scolding! But how could I bear to...... He did call with good intentions afterall..... And a surprise it was indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home